Text: Breen, Steve. “Katherine Johnson, Nasa Legend. ” The San Diego Union-tribune. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/steve-breen/story/2020-02-24/katherine-johnson-nasa-mathematician-dies-at-101. Steve Breen, The San Diego Union-tribune https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/steve-breen/story/2020-02-24/katherine-johnson-nasa-mathematician-dies-at-101
There are a. number of different aspect of labels in this RLE and the wider area of space missions and gender in mathematics and the sciences:
- The editorial cartoon labelled as “news” or “art” or both
- Labels that distinguish between digital and non-digital art
- The use of labels in the cartoon and the newspaper where it was published
- How Katherine Johnson’s contributions could be broadly labelled as “mathematics,” “the natural sciences,” history”, “the human sciences (ie. gender),” etc.
- How Johnson was labelled in different ways during her career
- Space exploration labelled as science, national defense, economics, etc.