Text extract: Japan Today “Gov’t sued over disclosure of Abenomask unit price, order numbers.”
Note: The “Abenomask” program was created by former Japanese Prime Minster Shinzo Abe.
“A law professor sued the government Monday demanding it reveal the unit price of washable cloth masks, dubbed Abenomasks, that were distributed for free to all households in Japan amid the coronavirus pandemic, as well as how many were ordered from each contractor.
In the suit filed with the Osaka District Court, Hiroshi Kamiwaki of Kobe Gakuin University claimed it is unreasonable for the government to withhold the information as it prevents discussion of the appropriateness of the policy to distribute the masks, which proved unpopular among the public with some questioning their cost effectiveness.” https://japantoday.com/category/politics/gov’t-sued-over-disclosure-of-abenomask-unit-price-order-numbers
The abenomask RLE has a number of links to May 2021 TOK Prescribed title #1 RLE:
- The lack of trust that the law professor seems to have in how the Abenomask situation has been handled
- Trust and judicial independence
- The amount of trust that different Japanese demographics have in the government / Abenomask program
- Issues of trust and masks
- How media reporting about the Abenomask program / the pandemic is linked to trust