The prescribed titles for the May 2023 TOK essay have been released. Check with your TOK coordinator / teacher for the official document.
Resources for the May 2023 TOK essay prescribed titles will be published shortly.
- Is replicability necessary in the production of knowledge? Discuss with reference to two areas of knowledge.
- For artists and natural scientists, which is more important: what can be explained or what cannot be explained? Discuss with reference to the arts and the natural sciences.
- Does it matter if our acquisition of knowledge happens in “bubbles” where some information and voices are excluded? Discuss with reference to two areas of knowledge.
- Do you agree that it is “astonishing that so little knowledge can give us so much power” (Bertrand Russell)? Discuss with reference to the natural sciences and one other area of knowledge.
- Are visual representations always helpful in the communication of knowledge? Discuss with reference to the human sciences and mathematics.
- To what extent is the knowledge we produce determined by the methodologies we use? Discuss with reference to history and one other area of knowledge.